Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Mate (My First Love)


http://drewlesso.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=87&Itemid=43

She came riding on the mane of a wild black stallion,
Her eyes darted back and forth in quick observance;
flickered with the intensity of someone possessed,
Rubies pierced her ears, emeralds, diamonds,
sapphire and gold spoke of who she was: a goddess of love
and beauty, a temptress Eve, betraying Delilah,
destructive Jezebel,
who understood the Serpent's tongue (the Devil's guile),
and God's dimensions.
She came riding on the wings of an ill-wind,
searching for love in a heartless world,
Her coming signalled the death beat of chauvinistic egos,
peewee principles and the micro-mini morals
of Adamic and castrated men.

As with the roar of oceans and sounds of thunderclaps
crashing the limits of an echo chamber,
her voice gushed forth, saying, "I want freedom and happiness -
I need to be loved. I want you to understand me,
the way I understand myself. I need the spirit of truth
in order to survive - warm strong hands to caress my soul,
but above all I need and must have joy!
Touch me - understand destiny,
kiss my lips and realize salvation,
soothe my longings - become immortal,
Tell me you love me - be mine alone,
and I'll make you God!"

She came riding on a horses hooves,
searching for the one man
who would not play psycho physical games
structured around male and female, but exacting
the expanse of man and woman.
She was aware of what she wanted,
not a man with a pampered beard or scented moustache,
dressed like a bitchy dandy to attract her emotional whims,
but a man with a reserved masculinity, master of self,
one who could whisper heartfelt endearments
from the seat of his soul, energise her being, invigorate lifcforce.

She commandeered tumultuous tides, earthquakes,
hurricanes and volcanic eruptions,
the reins held between her sparkling teeth;
her hair inking the skies as she spat out
to the four corners of the earth: "Is there one man among you,
who'll give me no reason to tempt, betray, destroy,
who will wire my circuits, navigate my seas,
saddle my urges and corral my passions.
If you are that man, please,
invite me into your private chambers -
tranquilize my pulsations with poetry
written for such an occasion. If you are the man,
I pray you are, I'll become your mate
and be your totality.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does she have independent resources?

timpoet